Countrywide Assured provides information and does not make recommendations or give advice as to the suitability of our products. To find a regulated and independent financial adviser in your area, visit unbiased.co.uk.
This checklist is designed to help you ask key questions about your investment and point you in the right direction for information and help.
We can’t give you any advice but this is something we recommend you consider when it comes to reviewing your investment. If you're interested in getting guidance or advice, make sure the organisation or company is regulated, for example, Pension Wise or independent financial advisers.
Key questions to ask yourself
- Is your fund achieving the performance needed to give you the amount you expect or need from your policy? See the performance figures since the fund was launched. How do they look when compared to similar stockmarket investments referred to as the sector average?
- When do think you'll need to access your money?
- Are your fund choices right for you? For example, is the fund risk right for you? Is it overly cautious or adventurous for your risk appetite?
- Is your money invested in the right fund for the short or long term? Or somewhere in the middle? For example, is your policy's end date imminent or a long way off?
- If you're thinking of switching to another fund, check your policy for any guarantees and any possible switching charges. Your latest annual statement will help here. If you need any help or you're not sure what to look for, get in touch and we'll take you through the process.
- Have you considered all your investment options?
- Do you want to put more money into your policy? It may not be possible to do this. Call us to find out more.
If you need any information or help with understanding your fund, please get in touch and we'll do our best to help.
To find out more about your particular policy fund, click here.
Remember, if you're interested in getting guidance or advice, make sure the organisation or company is regulated, for example, Pension Wise or independent financial advisers.
Got another question?
Get in touch